Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Survivalistas- Book 4: Chloe- Chapter 8 - Part 1

Chapter 8
Roy stood at the end of their makeshift prison, an aisle between two storage shelves blocked at one end with a palette of something still wrapped. They had gone to the trouble of setting up a crib and twin bed, a box of baby supplies sat next to the crib. “I’m sure this is only temporary, ladies. Once Rob and Luke get our note, they’ll come and negotiate for you. I figure with the kids you're not going to get any funny ideas about trying to escape, be pretty hard with the babies anyway. I’ll have one of the guys bring some toys for Maria, and see what’s around to keep RJ from getting bored.” He turned to go then turned back. “I’m trying to make this as easy as possible for all of us. Robin and Luke are smart reasonable men, I’m sure we’ll be able to come to an agreement quickly. Let me know if you need anything.”
Chloe bit her lip on a terse reply and scooped a fussy Johnny from his car seat. After Roy had left Sofia sank down on the bed. “This is a nightmare, right?”
“I wish. Here I think the little guy is hungry.” Chloe handed the squirming baby to Sofia who sighed. Maria hopped up on the bed next to her mom, tears streaming down her little face.
“This sucks.” RJ muttered sinking to the floor. “We should have fought him somehow.”
Chloe ignored him and removed the sleeping Suzi from her car seat slipping her into the crib. A noise at the end of the aisle caught her attention and she saw the weasley looking guy from before holding a box coming toward them. Not wanting him to see Sofia feeding the baby she moved to intercept him.
The creep leered at her, “bet you’re rethinking that offer now, ain't cha?”
Taking the box she glared up at him, “Not really.”
“Oh come on. Now we’ll have the farm and you are going to get stuck with this place. I’m sure we could find a way for you to earn your keep.”
“I’d rather take my chances with the zombies.”
His grin fell, “That could be arranged.”
Chloe watched him storm off before turning and carrying the box of toys over to the others.

Author's Note: Unedited Version

No comments:

Post a Comment